Friday, February 11, 2011

Iloilo Via Canlaon ( Day 1)



This is my first solo backpacking and my first travel for the year 2011. I don't know what came to my mind but when Sinulog 2011 Festival ended, I felt like"bitin" so I decided up to do backpacking Negros-Panay and attend the Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo. Then my preparation to do backpacking began ( 6 days prior to Dinagyang Festival). I texted my friend in Iloilo to help me find a transient room in the city but the transient room, apartelle, hostel are fully booked because of the Dinagyang Festival. Now, my excitement turns into disappointment but still there's no stopping now.Part of the plan that if I can't find a room, I will stay overnight at Mcdo or on a Bus Terminal. I decided to depart Friday morning, but there came another news i had to do a job interview on Friday afternoon.





5:00 A.M (Saturday/Day 1) - Start of my trip, I arrived at the North Bus Terminal of Cebu City to take a Bus to Bacolod City via Toledo & Canlaon. And later I found out that this is not the best option if you're in a hurry. The best way to get to Bacolod City from
Cebu City is the Toledo,Don Salvador route. Well..

Fare from Cebu City to Bacolod City via Canlaon ( Ceres Liner ) = P 255.00 (SP)
Fare from Toledo City to San Carlos City ( Lite Ferry ) = P 145.00 (SP)
Lite Ferry 1 ( Toledo - San Carlos - Toledo)

11:00 A.M. Lunch at Kanlaon ( P40.00)

Scenery along the way from Canlaon City - Bacolod City ( Approx. 3 hours)


Sugarcane Harvest with Mt.Kanlaon as background


One of many public market or tabo you will see along the way



Sugarcane Harvester


The S road, Canlaon City



Mt. Kanlaon

2:30 PM - After 3 hours of sightseeing, finally I arrived at Bacolod City

From the Southbound Ceres Terminal, you can take a jeep with Bata - Libertad Sign ( fare around 6.00)
and then tell the driver to drop you to the plaza near SM and then ride a tricycle from the plaza
to the pier (a fare P10.00 / depends on haggling)
Once you arrived at the pier, you can choose which sea fastcraft you want and take note that
the last trip (for supercat) is 17:00 hrs.

5:00 PM - Arrival at Iloilo, from Pier I walked to SM Delgado since it's Kasadyahan,
there are no public vehicles that passed near the pier. walking time ( 30 mins)

6:00 PM - onwards - met with a friend at SM City and watch John Lloyd? shzzz...not even part of
the itirenary..hehehe



Plazuella, Iloilo City


Iloilo Friends @ Plazuella


Shark Attack at Smallville

That's how my Day 1 ends. Luckily, one of my friend's friend offers her room to me. So there is no overnight staying at Mcdo which is the original plan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More