Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bye Iloilo - Hello Bacolod (Best Chicken Inasal)

Supercat bound for Bacolod
It's hard to say goodbye to a place that has not yet so much been explored by myself. There are still so many beautiful sites that I could have visited but my time doesn't permit me to go to that places. But  this Iloilo-Negros journey is not yet over, later I will be arriving at the City of Smile - Bacolod.  I arrived at the ferry terminal in Iloilo around 2.45 P.M to catch a 3.15 schedule for a Supercat trip but the original plan was spoiled again. I wasn't able to bought a regular fare for Supercat which was P 183.00 (student discount), so the cheap ass me looks for a cheaper alternative and found out that Weesam Express (Iloilo - Bacolod) has an ongoing promotion. They have their last trip promotion which will cost you P 160.00 (limited seats available). Then, I have to wait for the 5.30 P.M schedule. I am now reorganizing my itinerary because the primary plan for that afternoon is to head for The Ruins after I arrived at BREDCO at around 4.00 P.M.



I reached Bacolod at around 6.00 P.M, fortunately one of the passenger whom I have a chitchat with knew the location which I was heading to. Bacolodnons are generally friendly people in fact they doesn't only instruct me on different locations but they gave me a free ride to the city proper. It's now time to call the Budget Hostel which i researched that morning, I first phone called a Bacolod Government Owned Hostel
 ( lowest rate P 90.00/night) but unfortunately, the person I'm speaking to always answers me in Hiligaynon yet I doesn't understand. And then I called Bacolod Pension House and told me that their lowest room available is a Single Room (fan only) which costs P 185.00, ended up in that pension.


The day was so stressful that I decided to try the famous Bacolod Chicken Inasal which is near SM City Iloilo and a one jeepney ride (Bata - Libertad route) from Bacolod Pension House (11th St.). Before going to dine in, i scout for a while the place on which restaurant has many customer which means that they served more delicious chicken inasal and I ended up on the restaurant that now I can't recall but the restaurant name sounds like a name of an old lady..hehe.

Dinner for the evening
Total Cost of the Dinner:

1 pc. Chicken Inasal (Paa) - P 55.00
2 cups of rice -                     P 24.00
1 mountain dew -                 P 12.00
                                            P 91.00 --> P 90.00 (discounted)

My Recommendation:
     Book early at Bacolod Pension House, they can be reach at this no. (034) 434 5755, they are one of the most cheap hostel in the city and a friendly staff.


SuperCat Iloilo - Bacolod Fare & Schedule





BACOLOD-ILOILO (regular fare) PhP 350.00


ILOILO-BACOLOD Schedules
Trip
Departure
Arrival
Frequency *

1
6:00 AM
7:00 AM
DAILY

2
7:30 AM
8:30 AM
DAILY

3
9:00 AM
10:00 AM
DAILY

4
10:30 AM
11:30 AM
DAILY

5
12:00 PM
1:00 AM
DAILY

6
1:30 PM
2:30 PM
DAILY

7
5:00 PM
6:00 PM
DAILY


source : www.supercat.com.ph



1 comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More