Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lizares Mansion ( Day 3 of Iloilo-Bacolod Escapade)



Once a Haunted Mansion, Now one of Iloilo's Tourist Attraction
   
      This is my first destination for my last day in Iloilo. I opted to visit Iloilo's old structure then a friend brought me to her alma mater which is the Angelicum School. She gave me a little bit of history of the school
which are the ff :



- this mansion was built by the sugar barons of the olden days, Lizares Family
- it was occupied by the Japanese Army during World War II, many Japanese army died during that time that's why the mansion is still haunted today.
- it was donated to the Dominican Fathers, renovated it and turned it into Angelicum School of Iloilo
- every Christmas Season, the main building is lit up with christmas lights which makes it a tourist attraction during Christmas.

Here are other images of Lizares Mansion.

The Main Building

Entrance to the Mansion
Entrance to the Mansion

Unfortunately, we weren't able to tour inside the mansion since there was a wake inside it's chapel. 

How to get here:
        Just take a jeep with the signboard Jaro-NFA from the downtown and tell the driver to drop you to Angelicum School. Fare : P6.00

Cheers,
janducay





4 comments:

Sayang di ko nabisita to nung nagpunta ako Iloilo

di to kasali dapat sa iti..kasi plano ko bisitahin yung unesco heritage site sa Iloilo.kaso ang layo.alis na ako nito by afternoon.

I was still a kid when my family and I went to Iloilo. I really have to go back soon. So many awesome places to explore!

is this related to angelicum college in Sto. Domingo, Quezon City? that's where I finished High School.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More